If you’re interested in applying for our arborist jobs, please read this entire webpage before emailing your resume.
Arborist jobs at Streamline Tree Care include tree climbers and ground workers. When our workload permits, we look for self-motivated applicants for field crew positions who love wildlife, trees, and the natural world.
When we want potential customers to hire us, we need to show up on time, in uniform, with clean, well-maintained equipment. Tree work can be a spectator sport; our crews need to impress our clients with our arboricultural knowledge, our rigging and climbing skills, and our passion for working quickly, safely and with the utmost respect for the client’s property. If you would like to join our team, we invite you to impress us. We want the individual that can make the biggest positive impact on our company and someone whose goals are aligned with our own.
Can You Answer the Following Questions “Yes”?
- Do you have a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record?
- Do you have reliable transportation to and from our shop?
- Are you capable of lifting 50 lbs. and working on hot days, cold days or rainy days?
- Can you pass a physical that meets Virginia CDL medical requirements?
- Sometimes we finish up as early as 2 pm, often as late as 7 pm. Can you handle that?
- Do you have an insatiable desire to read, study, and learn about trees and tree care?
If you can answer yes to those questions and you’re a nature-loving self-starter, read on!
Tips for Arborist Jobs Applicants Who Want to Impress Us
- Our field employees must have a Commercial Driver’s License. If you do not currently have a CDL, you can obtain a CDL Instruction Permit by passing the required exam at the Virginia DMV. Having your CDL Instruction Permit is a plus when interviewing with us. You can view and download the Virginia CDL manual here.
- Visit the ISA’s website and complete their free safety course. Proof of safety training on your resume is a plus.
- Get a CPR/First Aid Training Certificate. This indicates your commitment to safety.
- Familiarize yourself with our website (yes, that’s a lot of reading) and understand all the services we offer.
- Learn as much as you can about tree care before interviewing.
- Impress us with something not on this list.
- Read this page carefully and follow the instructions closely.
- Know that all applicants are subject to pre-employment drug screen, DMV report, and background check.
Email Us Your Resume
If you have what it takes, email us your resume. We require your resume to list:
- Work history
Please place “Arborist Jobs Applicant” in the subject line of your email. We will not consider any resumes that omit required information. If we’re impressed with your qualifications, we’ll call you for a preliminary interview!
For Applicants that We Hire
- We will provide in-house training for you to take the CDL Skills Test, if needed.
- We will provide training and training materials to assist you in obtaining your Tree Worker and/or Arborist Certification(s).
- We’ll work hard together, learn together, and have fun. Because we love trees.